Monday, November 10, 2008

November 3, 2008

November 3, 2008

This past week or so, I've been contemplating whether or not to begin holding a Bible study for theWELL on the book of Daniel. I've decided after thinking for a bit, and listening to, what I think are, several cues from God in the matter to go ahead with it. The theme of this Bible study is going to be focused on, in some regard the character of God, but mainly the character of God's people, namely the main characters that are followed and described through Daniel. I need to begin to read through Daniel and write some questions that will guide conversation and inspire deeper thought about the material.

This subject came from J.I. Packer's book Knowing God in which he references the book of Daniel several times in the opening chapters, describing the affect that knowing God can have on people and there actions. Hopefully, as I lead whoever is interested in joining me through Daniel, we'll see some of the same things Packer saw and allow those things to increase our desire to know God better.

God, help me to extract what you would have me teach, and what you would have me myself learn from Daniel. Guide me in leading folks through your word and, while studying your people pre-messiah, help us to keep our eyes on Jesus Christ.

No comments: