Wednesday, December 3, 2008

November 19th, 2008

November 19th, 2008

I've been thinking some on what it may look like to rely on God for what I need, specifically, for community. Because I ultimately have no control over who decides they want to be a part of my life, or who will invite me into theirs, I am dependent on God entirely for that aspect of my life.

I was thinking about the upcoming shift in community that is looming over the horizon. Several of my close friends will be leaving town, one going off to Fuller in California, several graduating from K-State and moving on. I will have a substantial mass of acquaintances still in town, but as far as that close community that I've learned to draw strength from, it will be demolished and need and to be built up again.

Being an only child, I don't quite have the social sensibility navigate ever closer and deepening relationships with much ease. I always feel as though they are tense and pretentious, at least on my part, until a level of comfort resulting from time and experiences shared is reached.

Oh well. I'll trust God and see how I fair.

No comments: