Wednesday, December 3, 2008

December 1, 2008

December 1, 2008

So my parents, about a month or so ago, moved into a new house, smaller than the one I grew up in, and are planning on selling the old one. So, when I was in Hutch over the Thanksgiving weekend, I helped them do some things at the old house, and walking around inside the house with no furniture and portions of the floor papered for painting, I felt a sense of loss. This is the house that I grew up in. The House that I cam home to for fifteen years of my life. In Scazzero's book he talks about embracing grief as a part of growing emotionally mature. I definitely felt some grief as I walked through my old house. But even in my grief, it felt right. It felt strangely natural to be moving on. Letting of the past, not forgetting it, but letting go of it is a hard thing, I've found.

No comments: