Wednesday, December 3, 2008

November 24, 2008

November 24, 2008

For a couple of weeks now, I've been thinking about (inspired by Taylor's "The Myth of Certainty) what it looks like to be the Body of Christ as it pertains to the church and it's members. Just recently, I've decided to begin to put together a three part series explaining the bigger picture of what it means to be a Christian. With this series, I'm going look at first who is God, the source of our identity as Christians. I'm going to look at the character and attributes of God and how He interacted with His people. I'm going to explore God's people themselves, the origins of Israel, how they interacted with God, how they interacted with the world around them. Finally, and to wrap it up, tie it all together, I'm gong to explore what it means to be Christian in the greater context of the story of God and His chosen nation. I'll look at the origins of Christians, how Christians interact with God, how Christians interact (how they are related to) Israel, how Christians are to interact with the world, and what all that means for us here and now.

I think it's going to be a positive experience, and I'm looking forward to researching it all. We'll see if I can turn it into three half-hour teachings. Once I've got it all put together, I'd like to present it (teach it) at theWELL, that's the part that has me a bit apprehensive, as I've never been great with public speaking.

No comments: