December 8th, 2008
The past week I've been feeling rather unmotivated to do much or anything. I don't know what it is that's causing this, but I don't seem to have the drive the do much at all past the day-to-day routine. Perhaps it could be that I'm feeling worn down by the constant "grind" of the working world. Perhaps it's cause lies in the dreary weather. Or maybe this is still some lingering remnants of the yearly schedule I lived for 24 years in which I work hard and constant for a semester and coast into a winter break of a few weeks where I "reset", and the start the cycle again, going until the beginning of summer.
I'm thinking the latter is probably more the case, but the former two probably have a part as well. It's hard, making the transition from college, from school in general, to the working world, the "real world" as it's called on the inside of the padded walls of academia.
And possibly what is making it slightly more difficult is the fact that I am still taking classes, based on this system I'm supposed to be leaving behind or growing out of. It's difficult to embrace the lack of a break during the holidays, where I had had one in all of my years past, when the thought a "winter (Christmas) break" is built into a part of you schedule (I'm speaking of Emmanuel House). It will take some getting used to, and it will not be fun, but God is good, and to Him I will look for comfort, for guidance, and for a reassurance that, in the end, all is well.

No comments:
Post a Comment