Wednesday, October 1, 2008

September 30th, 2008

September 30th, 2008

Today at work, I got really angry. It didn't manifest itself in any way that was disruptive or violent, but it was still there. So here was the deal, there is a person at work whose job it is send the art files to the printer in the back. It's boring and repetitive and doesn't take much skill, but all the artists know how to do it, it's part of our training. Anyway, this person who's job this is now can't work mornings. So, being one of the people who can consistently do this job correctly and competently, it falls on me when nobody else is there to do it.

Now, what I was hired to do is make the art, not print the art. This is not my job, and I would rather be doing my job. Anyway, I do this in the mornings, and then when he comes in, he does it. But lately, he's been having to leave 2 hours after he comes in to go to class. The guy who does this job after him doesn't get in for another hour, so I'm stuck with this... again. I know it's not his fault, but still it maid me really angry. I really don't like doing his job. I would rather be doing my job. Because circumstances require me to do what I don't like, I get angry. This is something I need to work on I think.....

No comments: