Wednesday, October 1, 2008

September 23, 2008

September 23, 2008

I'm still tired. I still feel like I need a couple more hours in the day, but I ok with that... for now. I've been reading through The Emotionally Healthy Church by Peter Scazzero and in it, he talks about how we really need to know ourselves before we can become an emotionally person (and thus a spiritually healthy person). One of the things that I've been seeing in myself is that I am estranged from my own emotions. Now that I've seen this, or discovered this, I see it manifest itself me more and more. For instance, I was reading an email from mother this afternoon. She ended with the phrase "I love you so much." While this made me smile, and let me know that she loves me, it made me more uncomfortable than anything else. I don't know why. You'd think a love expressed like that would make a person feel good. How deep, I wonder, does this go if my mother saying "I love you" makes me uncomfortable? I want to know. I want to know what else is lurking around underneath the the surface of my life.

No comments: