September 10th, 2008
I thought I'd journal a bit before I go to work this morning. I don't have much time, so this will be short, but here it is.
I've been feeling an urge lately to begin reading the Bible regularly again. Yes, I haven't been reading it much these days, and I think that my spiritual health is a reflection of this. I just can't seem to find a consistent time when I can sit and read for 30 min. to an hour. I used to read in the mornings, but as I began doing the Community Team stuff for theWELL, I shifted my work schedule so that I now go into work an hour earlier and leave an hour earlier (so my lunch break didn't hit everyone else's lunch break and I could talk to folks over my break, and I could catch people after I got work before they got off work). That pushed out the hour I used to spend before work reading. On top of that, I now have reading I need to be doing for my Spiritual Theology class that takes up some of the time I might be spending in the Word. And, on top of that, I have meetings and events all over the week, taking up odd times here and there. Finding a consistent time to spend in the Word of God, it seems, is almost impossible. It's really quite frustrating, especially since I'm going through a Bible study with a young man that's still in school at K-State and I haven't yet began to read what we're covering. I need a couple more hours in my day, or else perhaps I need to give something in my schedule a break (or leave it all together).

No comments:
Post a Comment